By LEO HOHMANN
According to the Minneapolis Star-Tribune and the Bloomington Police Department, it was nothing more than a case of an “interrupted theft” last November when Mahad Abdiaziz Adbiraham stabbed two brothers in the dressing room of a Macy’s store at the Mall of America.
“Police arrested a man they believe stabbed two other men who tried to stop him from stealing,” the Star Tribune reported.
The story got more bizarre from there.
Police, in cooperation with the Star-Tribune, concocted an entire false narrative to ensure that nobody got the idea that Somali refugees were knifing shoppers at the iconic mall in the name of Islam.
The Star-Tribune, spinning outright lies, went on to report:
“The incident started about 6:45 p.m. in a fitting room of the men’s department at Macy’s. Two men were trying on clothes and walked out of the fitting room to show others in their group. The suspect went into the fitting room and tried to steal some of the men’s belongings.
“The suspect was interrupted by the men; he pulled a knife and stabbed the victims.”
Now, two and a half months later, the truth comes out. Adbiraham, 20, was not trying to steal anybody’s clothing. He was trying to carve up two white American men with a knife in the name of Allah and jihad.
We know this because when he finally had his day in court last Thursday, he told us exactly what his intentions were.
In a statement to the court, Abdiraham said he went to the Mall of America on Nov. 12 to answer the “call for jihad by the Chief of Believer, Abu-bakr Al-baghdadi, may Allah protect him, and by the Mujahiden of the Islamic State.”
His statement added: “I understand that the two men I stabbed know and have explained the reason for my attack, and I am here reaffirming that it was indeed an act of Jihad in the way of Allah.”
Unfortunately, it has become standard operating procedure for police in the greater Minneapolis-St. Paul area to try to delay, conflate and suppress the truth from getting out to the public. Whenever a Somali refugee is arrested, the authorities’ first reaction is to provide cover for him. First and foremost, his identity as a refugee must never released until months later when he shows up in court, long after anyone is paying attention. And secondly police and their willing truth-suppressors at the Star-Tribune do their best to cover up or obfuscate the attacker’s true motives. It’s mental illness, a failed robbery attempt, anything but a jihad attack.
We saw this same game of cover-up in other recent incidents:
- 24-year-old Morgan Evenson was brutally attacked by a Somali and stabbed 14 times while walking home from work last month in Minneapolis. The police said it was a failed robbery, even though Evenson said her attacker never reached for her purse.
- Last July when Justine Damond was gunned down by a Somali cop in Minneapolis as she came out pleading for help in her nightgown, we saw more of the same shenanigans. Nine months later the Minneapolis Police Department seems incapable of determining why Officer Mohamed Noor shot the unarmed white woman.
- In June 2016 Minneapolis police again did their best duck and cover routine when residents of the Linden Hills community were terrorized by a gang of Somali youths for three straight days. More than a dozen of them raided the waterfront community and scared women off the beach by pretended to shoot them, ran their cars over residential lawns while screaming “jihad,” threatened to rape a young woman in her 30s and beat up one resident’s dog. The police were called repeatedly but never seemed to be able to make it to the neighborhood before the Somali mob disappeared. No arrests were made and the Star Tribune ignored the story, which I documented in my book Stealth Invasion by interviewing residents.
- Minneapolis Police Department has tolerated an active Sharia cop who patrols Somali neighborhoods making sure Islamic dress codes and other Sharia rules are being followed.
- In 2014 a mysterious New Year’s Day explosion occurred at a building containing several apartments and a grocery store in the heavily-Somali area of Cedar Riverside, Minneapolis. According to a Freedom of Information lawsuit filed by Judicial Watch, the city fire department requested that the federal ATF not investigate the explosion, which killed three people, and the investigation has never come to an official conclusion on the cause. All of the apartments were occupied by Somali residents.
Abdiraham also said in his statement to the court Thursday that Americans will not be safe as long as “your country is at war with Islam.”
Activist makes strange statement: Was it a slip of the tongue?
Omar Jamal, an activist an leader in the Minnesota Somali community, said he was aware of Abdiraham’s declaration of war against Americans and made a stunning admission to KSTP.
“This is a widespread sentiment with Somali youth,” Jamal said.
Jamal said the federal government’s effort to make it difficult for would-be jihadists to travel abroad and join a terrorist group has had unintended consequences locally.
“What is very concerning in this instance, is the fact that youth are exploring more ‘How can I do something here, what weapons are accessible,'” he said.
A spokesman for the FBI said the agency is aware of the statement, but could not comment.
The two victims are out of the country, but court documents say they plan to return in time for Abdiraham’s sentencing in February.
If authorities determine the stabbing was an act of terrorism, there could be more legal consequences for Abdirahahm. Apparently they need more than the attacker’s own admission to come to this conclusion.
Leo Hohmann is a veteran journalist and author of the 2017 book “Stealth Invasion: Muslim Conquest through Immigration and Resettlement Jihad.” Donate to this website and help support his investigative reporting on topics most journalists are afraid to touch.