Seventh-grade students at Chatham Middle School in the Chatham, New Jersey, were forced to endure Islamic propaganda films that included an explicit call to convert to Islam through a disturbing set of videos in their World Cultures and Geography class.
The school district now faces a federal lawsuit filed by the Ann Arbor-based nonprofit Thomas More Law Center.
TMLC attorney Kate Oliveri said the Chatham Board of Education and certain school-district teachers are “waging a war” against the religious protections afforded by the First Amendment.
“They attack religious liberty by enticing young school children with a direct call to convert to Islam and providing a step-by-step guide on how to effect that conversion,” Oliveri said.
One of the videos, linked here, seeks to convert students to Islam and is filled with Islamic religious beliefs presented as facts, as well as pure Islamic propaganda. This five-minute video ends with the prayer: “May God help us all find the true faith, Islam.”
If anything remotely that aggressively Christian were presented to public-school children in any corner of the United States, the ACLU would be ready to pounce with a lawsuit. But the ACLU is curiously nowhere to be found in this case.
Thank God for the Thomas More Law Center, said James Komaniecki, president of RestoreAmericanLiberty.com.
“Thank Almighty God that TMLC is taking these people to the mat on this,” said Komaniecki. “If we don’t stand up to radical Islam in our own nation, we will be undermined from within until nothing remains of our own culture and Christian faith.”
The federal lawsuit was filed Jan. 23 in the New Jersey District Court against several officials and teachers of the Chatham Middle School and the school district.
The lawsuit, claiming several violations of the First Amendment to the U.S. Constitution, was filed on behalf of Libby Hilsenrath and her 12-year-old son, who attends the middle school.
The video presented to students includes the following phrases as facts:
- “Allah is the one God who created the heavens and the earth, who has no equal and is all powerful.”
- “Muhammad (Peace be upon him) is the last and final Messenger of God. God gave him the Noble Quran.”
- “Lo, We have sent thee (O Muhammad) with the truth, a bringer of glad tidings and a warner.”
- “What is the Noble Quran? Divine Revelation sent to Muhammad (S) last Prophet of Allah. A Perfect guide for Humanity.”
- “The Noble Quran: Guidance, Mercy and Blessing for all Mankind.”
- “The Noble Quran: Without any doubt and an eloquent guide from Allah.”
- “The Beautiful Quran: Guidance for the wise and sensible.”
- “Islam: A shining beacon against the darkness of repression, segregation, intolerance and racism.”
This propaganda video also contains excerpts from the Quran stating that Islam is the “perfected” religion and the only religion for mankind. And it ends with a call to conversion: “May God help us all find the true faith, Islam.”
But just as shocking is the background music which includes the poem “Qaseedah Burdah” in Arabic, describing Christians and Jews as “infidels” and praising Muhammad in gruesome detail for slaughtering them:
- “He [Muhammad] kept on encountering with them (infidels) in every battle until they looked like meat put on butcher’s bench (they were the lesson for those who were willing to encounter with the Muslims)” (parenthetical in original).
- “It is as though the religion of Islam was a guest that visited every house of those (infidels and was) extremely desirous for the flesh of enemy. . .” (parenthetical in original).
- “(The Muslims made their) white shining swords red (with the blood of infidels) after they were plunged; (and the majority of) enemies were having black hair (i.e., most of them were young).” (parenthetical in original).
Watch the 5-minute video here.
The seventh graders were not informed of the kidnappings, beheadings, slave-trading, massacres, and persecution of non-Muslims, nor of the repression of women — all done in the name of Islam.
Muhammad personally oversaw the beheading of between 600 and 900 Jewish men and boys at the Battle of the Trench outside Medina in 627 A.D.
“What would people say if our public schools taught Christianity as the true faith?” asked Richard Thompson, president and chief counsel of TMLC. “After watching this video, I can’t imagine any reasonable person saying this is not Islamic indoctrination. Chatham Middle School made a mockery of the First Amendment’s Establishment Clause.”
When Libby Hilsenrath first brought her concerns to the school board’s attention, on Feb. 6, 2017, they were dismissed out of hand.
And when she appeared on Fox News’ Tucker Carlson Show a week later to express her concerns to the nation, she was roundly condemned by the school community. [See interview with Tucker Carlson below]
It would be bad enough if this type of indoctrination into Islam were happening in one school or in one school district. But it’s widespread throughout the nation, Thompson said, only rarely being called to account by alert parents.
“Clueless school administrators across our nation are allowing this type of indoctrination to take place, and it’s up to vigilant and courageous parents like Libby Hilsenrath to stop it,” he said.
Because of Hilsenrath’s attempts to get the board of education to remove the videos and end the Islamic indoctrination of her son and the other seventh-grade students, she was subjected to a barrage of personal attacks from her own community: “hateful,” “ignorant,” “intolerant,” “racist,” “closed minded,” and “Islamophobic,” to name a few.
These attacks only intensified after she appeared on the Tucker Carlson Show.
Seventh-grade students were also instructed to view a subtle propaganda cartoon video, 5 Pillars, which included bright, multi-colored words quoting the Islamic conversion creed: “There is no god except Allah and Prophet Muhammad is His messenger.”
The video concludes with text containing contact information for the students of Chatham Middle School to set up their own mosque tour.
Defendants named in the case include Chatham Schools Superintendent Michael LaSusa, Assistant Superintendent Karen Chase, principal Jill Gihorski, and teachers Steven Maher, Megan Keown and Christine Jakowski.
Among the lessons of this case are:
- Sometimes it only takes one or two parents to make a difference.
- Sadly, most school districts will only respond to legal action taken by a competent legal team.
- There is legal help available from agencies like Michigan-based Thomas More Law Center and Florida-based Liberty Counsel. But these agencies must be notified by alert parents before they can act.
Read the entire federal complaint here.
Leo Hohmann is a veteran journalist and author of the 2017 book “Stealth Invasion: Muslim Conquest through Immigration and Resettlement Jihad.” Donate to this website and help support his investigative reporting on topics most journalists are afraid to touch.